I absolutely loved this. The art style was really appealing, and the simple mechanics just made it work. Great work :D
Hot Pot Panic
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
A game about the struggle to have a conversation while also stuffing your face with food.
You are at an all-you-can-eat hot pot restaurant. You're hungry, and you just want to do nothing but chow down.
But you're here with a friend, and you don't want it seems like you're only here to eat!
Can you manage to keep up a conversation while cooking and filling your belly?
- Cook delicious meat, veggies, and tofu in a tasty broth until they're just right!
- Multitask your way through three meals! You'll be cooking and eating while keeping up a conversation with your friend. Make sure she never figures out you're really just here for the food...
- You get to direct the convo, but make sure you're ready to keep up with your friend's comments - she'll ask you what you thought about what she said later, and if you don't get it right, things could get ~*awkward*~
- WS or Arrow keys to look up and down
- Mouse or trackpad (mouse recommended!) to cook / eat
- Developed by Keane Ng (@keanerie)
- Featuring music and sound by Michael Berto (Paws Menu)
- Playtested by people I've eaten hot pot with who I have not alienated with my plainly food-obsessed behavior
As Seen On!
Rock Paper Shotgun: "...playing it has made me very hungry, so I’m off to go raid my fridge first."
PC Gamer: "... the arse-tightening tension of Hot Hot Panic, a game about trying to hold a conversation while stuffing your face with meat and potatoes."
Waypoint: "This game scratches two very important itches for me: time management mechanics, and the aesthetics of delicious animated food. Also, it’s a great excuse out of any friend dates you may have coming up...just saying."
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Neat and relatable concept, and I like how the gameplay supports it. Usually I have no problem talking and eating with friends, so the game was frustrating at times when I failed. But this puts me in the shoes of someone who maybe does have trouble making conversation, or if it's an awkward conversation, or someone who is worried/anxious about the other person getting up and leaving (even though they actually wouldn't).
What is the name for this art style if there is one?
I'm not sure if there is a name used commonly yet, but maybe there is and nobody told me. There are certainly catchy ways you could describe it, like PS1-esque or PS1core or something like that.
Amazing little game i loved it the whole time i played it. Great job!!!
2nd game I played it was fun and a slight bit challenging but I had to just keep my cool.
Definitely an interesting game! haha Too many times I filled the pot with food and either overcooked it, or missed what my 'friend' was saying :] I had a fun time challenging myself though…….time to hit the fridge!
Fun litle time waster. really enjoyed playing it.
EAT YOUR FOOD BEFORE YOUR FRIENDS DO!
Cute little game I like the whole dating simulator vibe, honestly I played a game that reminded me of this, think it was a hand simulator, btw I got hungry playing, that food on the table THO -drool- Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to play this game! :D
thanks! no, no plans right now. a few people have suggested more levels with different food though lol
Sweet let me know!
Hey there! I played your game and it was a great time! (I'm also kinda hungry now!) I made a video with my commentary and experiences! Keep up the great work!