A game about the struggle to have a conversation while also stuffing your face with food.
You are at an all-you-can-eat hot pot restaurant. You're hungry, and you just want to do nothing but chow down.
But you're here with a friend, and you don't want it to seem like you're only here to eat!
Can you manage to keep up a conversation while cooking and filling your belly?
- Cook delicious meat, veggies, and tofu in a tasty broth until they're just right!
- Multitask your way through three meals! You'll be cooking and eating while keeping up a conversation with your friend. Make sure she never figures out you're really just here for the food...
- You get to direct the convo, but make sure you're ready to keep up with your friend's comments - she'll ask you what you thought about what she said later, and if you don't get it right, things could get ~*awkward*~
- WS or Arrow keys to look up and down
- Mouse or trackpad (mouse recommended!) to cook / eat
- Developed by Keane Ng (@keanerie)
- Featuring music and sound by Michael Berto (Paws Menu)
- Playtested by people I've eaten hot pot with who I have not alienated with my plainly food-obsessed behavior
As Seen On!
Rock Paper Shotgun: "...playing it has made me very hungry, so I’m off to go raid my fridge first."
PC Gamer: "... the arse-tightening tension of Hot Hot Panic, a game about trying to hold a conversation while stuffing your face with meat and potatoes."
Waypoint: "This game scratches two very important itches for me: time management mechanics, and the aesthetics of delicious animated food. Also, it’s a great excuse out of any friend dates you may have coming up...just saying."
The Verge: "...it manages to take the fairly universal social situation of trying to talk and eat at the same time, and turn it into a clever and fun game."